An early draft of a study from the University of Manchester suggests there may have 10,000 more deaths of care homes residents than previously reported. The study compares statistical data on deaths in care homes between January 2017 and February 2020 with data from April to August 2020.
This study has not yet been peer reviewed, but notes that of the excess deaths, 65% were only directly attributed to Covid-19. That leaves the remaining 35% (10,000 deaths) that were not officially attributed to Covid-19. The question is what caused those excess 10,000 deaths.Continue reading “Study suggests excess death toll in care homes from Covid-19 has been hugely underestimated”